English in Nursery
Our focus for Literacy and Communication this term has been;
- Developing confidence in speaking to new friends and teachers
- Responding to simple instructions with one or two key words
- Starting to recognise our own photos and names
- Recognising logos and signs in our environment
- Learning to listen to environmental sounds
- Enjoying stories, songs and rhymes together.
Our teachers have been busy observing us as we settle into our new class and have set us targets relating to communication and literacy which we are now working on.